The following is a set of basic rules for editing on Star Trek: The Farthest Star Wikia that all users must adhere to when using this wiki. Violations of any of these may result in a warning from the administrator. Continual violations will result in a temporary ban. Future violations would result in bans of increasing duration.
- Limit information to what is relevant: The aim of this wiki isn't to collect all canon or non-canon Star Trek information and combine it with TFS. This information should be limited to necessary context. For example, if a canon starbase is referenced information on its canon location, facilities or purpose is appropriate, but the fact it was visited by the Enterprise may not be as that has no relevance to TFS. The administrator has final say on whether or not the information is necessary and if it is deemed not to be it can be removed without warning. MA and MB already cover both canon and non-canon material adequately.
- English spelling: While Star Trek is an American production this is not and American English is not favoured for use here. Please avoid "correcting" words to American English.
- Keep it civil: Do not make personal attacks on other people. If you need to criticise another user’s argument, do so without attacking them as a person. Do not use bigoted language, including slurs which degrade another person or group of people based on gender, race, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, etc.
- Do not engage in excessive self-promotion: The wiki is a resource for the topic at hand. It is NOT a free place to advertise your related website, YouTube channel, blog, social media account, etc.
- Keep message walls on topic: The message walls should primarily be used to discuss activities on this wiki or on topics relating to editing. Off topic conversations may be asked to be stopped by the administrator.
- Do not harass other users: If somebody asks you to stop posting certain content on their wall, respect their wishes. It is their wall.
There may be further rules and guidelines not listed here that might be enforced by the administrator. Any questions or comments regarding the rules can be directed to the administrator.